Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Twitter Tip Tuesday! WORD!!

Sunday is normally the day I start to frame my article for twitter tip Tuesday. I figured because I was starting to get the hang of this blogging thing, the procrastinator in me would and could figure out what I was going to write later. As I was researching some profiles on twitter, I was wondering how so many people I had come across didn't tweet anywhere near the amount I did, but had TONS more
followers! Me just wanting to figure out why, started to read a few more profiles. I took a few notes down as to write some bits and pieces about their profiles that I liked. Then it HIT ME like a ton of bricks. Nine of the 10 words I had written down were all KEYWORDS pertaining to a particular niche. Wow!! No one ever said I was fast, but the TRUTH is eventually the turtle gets to his destination.  Later I sensed a level of frustration with myself. I realized my profile was not 'attracting' as many of the right kind and number of followers that I wanted.






Personal growth is a term that constantly gets used in all areas of marketing. Why? Pretty simple. If you thought just because you learned something new about social media, marketing, or yourself and that's where it was gonna end... you already know that you are sadly or happily mistaken! We are constantly stretching ourselves and our minds through oftentimes sheer frustration in  learning all that goes with internet marketing, social media marketing, and network marketing. 






My newest aha moment came when I recently attended a SEO meet-up. There was so much emphasis  based on keywords, which was a little bit over my head, but I got a lot out of it. As the week progressed I found myself looking for examples in domain names, tags, posts, and other pieces of branding and content that encompassed key word theory and practice.


Sunday is normally the day I start to frame my article for twitter tip Tuesday. I figured because I was starting to get the hang of this blogging thing, the procrastinator in me would and could figure out what I was going to write later. As I was researching some profiles on twitter, I was wondering how so many people I had come across didn't tweet anywhere near the amount I did, but had TONS more followers! Me just wanting to figure out why, started to read a few more profiles. I took a few notes down as to write some bits and pieces about their profiles that I liked. Then it HIT ME like a ton of bricks. Nine of the 10 words I had written down were all KEYWORDS pertaining to a particular niche. Wow!! No one ever said I was fast, but the TRUTH is eventually the turtle gets to his destination.  Later I sensed a level of frustration with myself. I realized my profile was not 'attracting' as many of the right kind and number of followers that I wanted.


From day 1 of internet marketing from books and video trainings I had read and heard the term keyword. Keywords are POWER in a box and allow you to attract the audience, relationships, and resources that you are looking to build on with social media platforms. It's crazy to me now. Looking back on something that I looked at as being such a small piece of the puzzle, winds up being such a large piece of the puzzle! 






What started out as a blog to learn about blogging and to pass on information that I learn as I struggle through the learning and growing process as a whole. Has turned into an education for the marketing/social media newbie to share my triumphs and sometimes disastrous failures with those who are on the same path. I have already made some pretty cool relationships along the way too. I can safely say, others can learn from me and my mistakes just from reading my blog alone. So if you're just getting started and you LOVE what internet marketing can do for you and your family. Time freedom and leverage of what network marketing promises. The fun and new relationship building that social media provides. Then just know; you will be stretched in ways you never thought possible and you'll always be able to share those aha moments as they come to you. Even if you missed the big KEYWORD that was there there the whole entire time.


Danny Fortes is a lover of all things internet, social media, & network marketing. You can find him in a couple of different places... here's just a few.


Facebook, twitter, & Social Outbreak




No comments:

Post a Comment